Thursday, August 4, 2011

the reign sx!



Well it's getting pretty far into the riding season and I've just recently finished adding a few new parts on to my favourite bike I've ever owned (Giant reign sx). Its prettymuch the perfect do-it-all freeride/all mountain/slopestyle bike. I recently rode it in Crankworx Colorado, and more than a few times I had people come up to me and say "Dude that bike is huge, how are you riding slopestyle on it?!" My response was usually something along the lines of "It's way lighter than it looks." Then they'd lift it and there would be a shocked look on their face. The weight of the bike (33 pounds), Isn't the only reason I like this bike so much.. the dudes at the Bicycle Cafe set up a suicide shifter and a hydraulic gyro for me so that I can spin the bars as many times as I please without having to prewind them or worry about kinking my cables. Last but not least, the guys at Loaded U.S.A. hooked me up with red wheels, bars and stem along with a seatpost and clamp for this bike. Not only are they the most luxurious looking components I`ve ever laid eyes on, they`re also insanely tough. I aboslutely pumelled my bike in Colorado and I`d check my bike at the end of the day to see that everything was still straight as an arrow! I don`t know how you could possibly make anything that tough, but they did. That`s all I`ve got for now, see you on the trails!

No comments: